Boston police arrested three men on Monday in connection with last week’s vandalism and theft of a headstone at Oak Lawn Cemetery in Roslindale, officials said.
In a statement, police identified the men as Roxbury residents Tyler S. Greene-Davis, 22, and Tyrese Sealy, 20, and Jiovanny Matos, 22, of Dorchester.
The three men were arraigned in Boston City Court in West Roxbury, Matos on Monday and Sealy and Greene-Davis on Tuesday, for malicious destruction of property, theft over $1,200 and desecration of a burial site, said the Suffolk District Attorney’s Office. in a report.
The court revoked bond on Matos’ open case and imposed $50,000 bond, according to the statement. Bail from Sealy and Greene-Davis’ ongoing criminal cases was also revoked for 90 days, and new bail was imposed of $7,500 for Sealy and $10,000 for Greene-Davis.
According to the statement, the shameless crime at the cemetery took place on March 29 at around 6:18 p.m.
They allegedly stole the headstone of a teenager who was murdered in 2017, the prosecutor said. Another headstone of a teenager murdered in 2015 has already been stolen. Both incidents are still under investigation, the statement said.
“These senseless crimes only further tear the loved ones and communities of these young victims apart. This is not a prank, this is not a game and it will not be tolerated,” District Attorney Kevin Hayden said. . “I commend the police and community members who have been so alert and responsive to this situation. My thoughts are with the families who have been affected by these crimes, and my office remains at their disposal as they deal with the desecration of the graves of their loved ones.
The men were arrested by members of the Boston Police Department’s Youth Violence Strike Force, commonly referred to as the gang unit, and state troopers, police said. declaration.
Matos will appear in court again on May 10, and Sealy and Greene-Davis will return on April 29.